Navratri interval can also be related to revelry and festive actions however throughout fasting, the Hindu devotees often limit themselves to fruits, nuts and juices whereas the consumption of different meals objects could be very restricted and this could result in constipation. Since there are dietary restrictions and solely particular meals are allowed, you will need to plan the appropriate weight loss program.
Adjustments in your weight loss program and life-style throughout Navratri can result in constipation however with a number of tweaks right here and there, you may keep away from it. Lengthy fasting durations throughout Navaratri aid you to detoxify your physique however as a consequence of modifications in your total weight loss program sample, it will probably additionally trigger issues like acidity and constipation and if you happen to additionally really feel irked by this downside each time, we’re right here to inform you the way to keep away from it.
In an interview with HT Way of life, Dr Ashwinikumar Kudari, Senior Marketing consultant and Robotic Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterology at Narayana Well being Metropolis, shared, “The explanations for constipation are lack of fibre and fluid consumption, consuming extra tea or espresso, staying up late at night time and extended durations of fasting. Because the probabilities of constipation enhance throughout fasting, be sure to embody fruits like papaya, guava, pear and figs and greens like bottle gourd and pumpkin which are excessive in dietary fibre and wealthy in nutritional vitamins.”
She added, “Fruits with excessive water content material like watermelon, oranges and grapefruit will aid you keep hydrated and keep the electrolyte steadiness. Makhana is one other superfood which is loaded with antioxidants and its high-fibre content material avoids constipation. Preserve a great consumption of fluids like lemonade to maintain your self going.”
Dr Mala Kaneria, Marketing consultant, Infectious Ailments at Jaslok Hospital, steered:
1. First, up your fiber consumption. Meals objects like Rajgiri ka atta, kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour), samak ke chawal, makhana (fox nuts) present the a lot wanted fibre. Oats cooked in water too are fibre wealthy. Sabudana khichdi is excessive on vitality. Nonetheless, sure meals like fried meals, excessive caloric weight loss program, carbonated drinks needs to be averted.
2. Drink sufficient water. The beneficial each day consumption of water needs to be three to 4 liters per day. This aids in digestion, prevents constipation and the bloating attributable to sodium and carbohydrate . Lemonade, coconut water and buttermilk are different beneficial liquids.
3. Embody curds in your weight loss program.
4. Preserve a correct time hole between the consumption of vegetables and fruit.
5. Keep away from consuming extreme tea and occasional as a way to maintain sleep at bay
6. Preserve lively through the day, nevertheless drained you could be put up dancing.
Relating that every one of us are inclined to eat a number of savories through the 9-day festivities of Navratri, Sharanya Shastry, Chief Medical Nutritionist at Apollo Spectra Hospital in Bangalore, suggested:
Tip 1 – Break your quick with dates or a complete fruit ( fruit over a juice)
Tip 2 – Have a sabudana/sago or poha for dinner particularly in case you have had an oily meals or binge eaten
Tip 3 – Have a curd primarily based preparation for any two meals ( buttermilk/ curd/ raita)
Tip 4 – Be sure you give a spot of two hrs between dinner and sleep timing
Tip 5 – Begin your day with in a single day soaked raisins (Black) if you’re always constipated or bloated