After a protracted wait, the festive season is right here as folks await Navratri, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Diwali, Bhai Dooj, Guru Purab, Chhath puja, Christmas and New Yr to neglect their worries for a while, take pleasure in some good meals and to spend high quality time with household, buddies and family. Whereas one is tempted to gobble down calorie-laden festive meals throughout this time, health fanatics these days favor recipes with wholesome and nutritious substances. (Additionally learn: Navratri 2022 special recipes: Delectable vrat-friendly sweet desserts to make)
Jamun is one such fruit that brings a number of well being advantages for these watching weight and in addition who’re managing diabetes. Jamun additionally boosts your immunity being wealthy in Vitamin C and retains you protected from seasonal infections. This superb fruit additionally helps in regulating blood strain, stopping stroke and numerous coronary heart ailments because it retains the arteries wholesome by stopping blockage.
Gurpreet Kaur, Senior Medical Nutritionist, Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, Chandigarh shares a couple of wholesome jamun recipes to make pageant season additional particular.
1. Candy Jamun Mousse
5-6 freshly rinsed Jamun
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup unflavoured yoghurt or curd
2 tbsp finely chopped nuts (almonds, pista, walnut, cashews)
2-3 drops Stevia (pure sweetener)
– Take chia seeds and yoghurt in a bowl and blend them properly (you’ll be able to add little little bit of water as properly).
– Refrigerate the combination in a single day or you’ll be able to depart the combination for no less than 4-5 hours until the chia seeds swell up properly.
– Peel off the jamuns and mix them after eradicating the seeds.
– Now, in a positive cup or glass, put combination of peeled off jamuns and yoghurt chia seeds combination and blend all of the substances properly (you’ll be able to add 2-3 drops of stevia for candy style)
– Sprinkle chopped nuts on the substances and serve it.
2. Black plum balls
10 no. jamuns
250 gm coconut powder
50 gm finely chopped nuts (cashews and almonds)
Stevia based on style
3 tbsp milk powder
– Take the ripened jamuns and extract the seeds.
– Put the jamuns within the grinding jar and grind them to make a paste.
– Warmth the pan and roast the grated coconut for 3-4 minutes.
– Add chopped nuts, milk powder, stevia and jamun paste within the pan.
– Combine all of the substances properly and roast once more for an additional 2 minutes with steady stirring.
– Put the roasted combination in a bowl and depart it till it cools down.
– Take some combination in ghee unfold hand and make it in spherical form to make a ball.
– Coat the combination with coconut powder and repeat similar course of to make extra balls.
– Retailer the black plum balls in fridge for 10-Quarter-hour and serve it.