The New York Police Division has recognized Frank James as a ‘particular person of curiosity’ within the Brooklyn subway attack that injured greater than 20 individuals on Tuesday when chaos unfolded within the morning rush-hour, officers mentioned. “Greater than 20 individuals have been left injured – ten have been reportedly hit instantly by the gunfire whereas 13 extra individuals suffered from smoke inhalation or have been in any other case injured,” authorities have mentioned. The particular person of curiosity – Frank James – seems to have posted dozens of movies on YouTube lately, which even included threats to the New York mayor Eric Adams. And now the mayor’s private safety has been intensified.
Here’s what we learn about Frank James, particular person of curiosity in New York assault, to this point:
1. The police described Frank James as 62 years outdated, with addresses in Philadelphia and Wisconsin. “He’s an individual of curiosity within the capturing that came about on the N practice in Brooklyn Tuesday morning,” police mentioned on Twitter.
2. Frank James reportedly runs a YouTube web page named “prophet oftruth88697” which has over 700 subscribers. The prolific YouTuber has posted dozens of movies on YouTube to this point. The video that talked about Adams was posted on March 1, the place he describes Mayor Adams as ‘most harmful man’, a US-based reporter Katie McQue wrote in a tweet.
3. “There have been some regarding social media posts police imagine could also be related to James,” NYPD commissioner Keechant Sewell was quoted as saying by a number of US media retailers.“He mentions homelessness, he talked about New York, and he does point out Mayor Adams, and on account of that abundance of warning, we will heighten his safety element,” Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell mentioned as per NY Publish.
4. Aside from homelessness, James saved on saying in a March 1 video that even with quite a few cops deployed to the subway, He would ‘nonetheless get away’ with crimes. “He (NY mayor) can’t cease no crime in no subways. He could gradual it down however he ain’t stopping it,” Frank James mentioned in an hour-long video posted on his alleged channel. “Which means you’d should have police in each station and that’s simply not doable,” he added.
5. In his YouTube movies, the 62-year-old claimed that he was identified with a number of psychological well being points again in 1980. He additionally mentioned that he was admitted within the metropolis’s psychological well being therapy the place ‘some type of violence’ was happening. He additionally confessed that he was utilizing ‘unlawful narcotics’ throughout his therapy within the YouTube video which is now beneath officers’ radar.
A $US50,000 reward is being supplied for info on the New York assault.